How do you survive and not cheat on your diet while you are dining out? Here are 8 tips that can help you maintain your success at weight loss.
- Do not arrive at the restaurant ravenously hungry.
- Eat slowly, put your fork down between bites, drink water or enjoy the converstaion.
- Be first to order so you are not tempted by what someone else ordered.
- Order a la carte so you can order exactly what you want and no more.
- Forget about the clean-plate club. By taking leftovers home you can get two meals for the price of one.
- Follow your regular eating schedule, don’t try to “save-up” calories for eating out.
- Don’t be afraid to inquire about the way foods are prepared before ordering or requesting foods be prepared a special way.
- Bring your own low cal sprinkles, dressing packets, or add ons to please your palate, and ask waiter to leave out cheese crumbs or other calorie laden toppings.