It’s hard enough to exercise the rest of the year, but add holidays to the mix and many of us find exercise becomes less of a priority as our “to-do” lists grows longer and longer.
The last thing you want to is more stress and, for many of us, trying to keep our usual work-out program does just that. At the same time, staying active in some way will give you energy, reduce stress and tension and, of course, help mitigate some of the extra calories you may be eating.
So, how do you find that balance? These quick tips will help you plan ahead, prepare yourself for any eventuality and provide workouts to help you stay active this holiday season.
The key is to PLAN AHEAD, If you are traveling, planning ahead can make all the difference. Take some time to figure out what your options are so you’re ready for anything, Just a few ideas:
- Search for walking, running or park trails nearby
- Look up information about the hotel where you’re staying and find out if they have an exercise room
- If you’re staying with family, ask if they have any fitness equipment
- If that’s not an option, find a nearby gym and ask if they let guests use the facility
- Talk to your family in advance and suggest taking a walk or doing something active together
- Plan simple workouts that don’t require much space or equipment.
- If you’re traveling or have visitors, you may be able to sneak in a workout in the basement or garage without bothering anyone
Source: www.verywell.com. Article by Paige Waehner. Updated 10/03/16.